Cornish Gin & Distilleries in Cornwall
On This Page: Cornish Gin and Distillery directory, reviews and tasting notes, distillery tours in Cornwall, interviews with Cornish distillers, and industry insights.
Cornwall's history with spirits is long and exciting, from the harbours that saw gin and rum laden ships heading out on voyages and fishing trips, to the darker side with piracy and the smuggling of alcohol using Cornwall's rocky bays. Nowadays, through both quantity and quality of distilleries and spirits, Cornwall has put its name on the UK gin map in style, aided by local access to some wonderful coastal and rural botanicals. With an enticing list of gins being distilled in Cornwall and with several distilleries there being open for tours and tastings, we're spoilt for choice in getting a little taste of Cornwall.
Cornish Gin Reviews - A to Z
- Aval Dor Cornish Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Rosemary
- Aval Dor Dry Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Grapefruit or Lime
- Caspyn Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Orange Peel
- Curio Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Lemon Peel or Samphire
- Elemental Cornish Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Grapefruit Peel or Orange
- Holly's Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Orange Peel or Juniper
- Rosemullion Dry Gin - Info & Review | Lime, Grapefruit or Ginger
- Rosemullion Summer Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Orange Peel and/or a Cinnamon Stick
Cornish Tonic & Mixers
- Navas Cornish Mixers - Info & Review
CORNISH GIN FACT! Cornwall is famous for its clotted cream, and so the team at Wrecking Coast Distillery have vacuum distilled Cornish clotted cream and combined it with classic gin botanicals to create their Cornish Clotted Cream Gin!
Distilleries & Tours in Cornwall
Just a small number of distilleries in Cornwall are open to visitors for tours, tastings and gin school experiences, but they make for the ideal experience for gin lovers living in or visiting the county:
Meet the Makers
Get to know some of Cornwall's finest distillers in our 'Meet the Maker' interviews. Find out what inspired them and how they created and launched their gin, how it is made, what botanicals are used, how best to serve their gins, and what they have planned for the future:
Distillery Tour and Q&A
With Andy @ Rosemullion Distillery
In June 2020, Paul Jackson - Editor of The Gin Guide - caught up with Andy Bradbury at Rosemullion on Instagram Live to find out all about their spirits and to have a look around the distillery: