French Gin & Distilleries in France
On This Page: French Gin and Distillery directory, reviews and tasting notes, distillery tours in France, interviews with French distillers, and G&T garnishes for gins from France.
With a long history of spirit production, abundantly growing juniper and a love of cocktails, France has become home to many wonderful gins and distilleries, with the industry booming in recent years. And with stunning coastlines, lakes, hills and countryside, there's inspiration everywhere and some gorgeous wild botanicals to be foraged too. From city distilleries through to remote distilleries in rural Cognac and Provence, there are gins and distilleries for everyone to enjoy in France. Discover the best gins France has to offer!
French Gin Reviews - A to Z
- Audemus Pink Pepper Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Thyme or Lemon Peel
- Audemus Pink Pepper Dry Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Thyme or Lemon Peel
- Bear Brothers Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Pink Grapefruit or Lime
- CAP Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Orange or Thyme
- Gin d'Azur Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Rosemary or Orange Peel
- Mirabeau Rosé Dry Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Rosemary or Orange Peel
- QVT Dry Gin - Info & Review | Garnish: Rosemary or Orange Peel
For more French gins, try Citadelle Gin, Diplôme Gin, Ellis & Long Limousin Gin, G'Vine Floraison and G'Vine Nouaison.
Top Tip: Go fully French with a French gin and Champagne cocktail - the French 75.
Distilleries & Tours in France
Many of France's gins are produced in historic distilleries that weren't built with tours and tastings in mind. As such, no gin-only distilleries are open to visitors at present. However, visiting the Cognac region to visit some of the many Cognac distilleries is very enjoyable and worthwhile for spirits and distilling enthusiasts.
- Maison Noilly Prat - visit the home of Noilly Prat Vermouth in Marseillan, near Montpellier in southern France.
Meet the Makers
Get to know some of France's finest gin creators and distillers in our 'Meet the Maker' interviews. Find out how they created and launched their gin, how it's made, what botanicals are used, what you can experience if you visit their distilleries, how best to serve their gins and what they have planned for the future:
Behind the Scenes
Find out more about G'Vine Gin, its stunning home in France, and its distillery in our behind the scenes exclusive! The Gin Guide visited the beautiful Maison Villevert in Cognac to meet founder Jean-Sebastien Robicquet, to see where it all began and where the G'Vine business is based, and to see the distillery and production in action. Read our full G'Vine Gin feature!