Oxfordshire Gin & Distilleries
On This Page: Oxfordshire Gin and Distillery directory, reviews and tasting notes, distillery tours in Oxfordshire and interviews with Oxfordshire distillers.
As well as being home of one of the world's most famous universities and beautiful countryside between the Cotswolds and Chiltern Hills, Oxfordshire is also home to 6 distilleries that are also making names of themselves. There are just a handful of 'grain-to-glass' distilleries in England that make their own base spirit as well as distilling gin, and 2 of these are in Oxfordshire - The Oxford Artisan Distillery (TOAD) in Oxford and Wood Brothers Distillery in Bampton - while Chalgrove Artisan Distillery hosts the counties only 'Gin School'.
Oxfordshire Gins & Reviews - A to Z
- Abingdon Gin - Info & Review | Buy | Garnish: Pink Grapefruit
- Henley Gin - Classic Dry - Info & Review | Buy | Garnish: Orange Peel or Lime Peel
- OX44 Gin - Info & Review | Buy | Garnish: Orange or Apple
- Oxford Rye Organic Dry Gin - Info & Review | Buy | Garnish: Orange Peel or Lemon Peel
- Sky Wave Gin - Info & Review | Buy | Garnish: Ruby Grapefruit and/or Orange
Distilleries & Tours in Oxfordshire
Four of Oxfordshire's distilleries are open to visitors for tours and tastings or gin schools which make for the ideal experience for gin lovers living in or visiting Oxfordshire. (Click on linked distilleries below to find out more and to book at tour or distillery experience):
- 1. Abingdon Distillery (Abingdon) - Tours: Book Online
- 2. Chalgrove Artisan Distillery (Chalgrove) - Tours & Gin School: Book Online
- 3. Sky Wave Distillery (Bicester) - Tours: - Book Online
- 4. The Henley Distillery (Henley) - Tours & Gin School: Book Online
- 5. The Oxford Artisan Distillery (Headington) - Tours: Book Online
Meet the Makers
Get to know some of Oxfordshire's finest gin creators and distillers in our 'Meet the Maker' interviews. Find out what inspired them and how they created and launched their gin, how it's made, what botanicals are used, what you can experience if you visit their distilleries, how best to serve their gins and what they have planned for the future:
See Behind The Scenes
The Gin Guide's Editor, Paul Jackson, visited Sky Wave Distillery in Bicester and Chalgrove Artisan Distillery in Chalgrove to meet the founders, see their distillation in action and find out all about their gins. Click below to read more and see behind the scenes!