Oxfordshire Gin & Distilleries
On This Page: Oxfordshire Gin and Distillery directory, reviews and tasting notes, distillery tours in Oxfordshire and interviews with Oxfordshire distillers.
Oxfordshire is an area steeped in history and as such you'll find the gins are too. Many hark back to olden times in the branding or recipe, or both! Despite this there are still some more modern takes on gin coming through, and some award winning distilleries. Oxfordshire is a really beautiful place to visit and there are some great distillery tours in the area which are worth a visit too.
Oxfordshire Gin Reviews - A to Z
- Abingdon Gin - Info & Review | Buy | Garnish: Pink Grapefruit
- Keepr's Gin - Info & Review | Buy | Garnish: Rosemary and/or Lemon Peel
- OX44 Gin - Info & Review | Buy | Garnish: Lemon or Lemon Peel
- Sky Wave Gin - Info & Review | Buy | Garnish: Ruby Grapefruit and/or Orange
For more Oxfordshire gins, try TOAD Oxford Rye Gin and Wood Brothers London Dry Gin.
OXFORDSHIRE GIN FACT!
- Physic Gin was created from a collaboration between Oxford scientists and The Oxford Artisan Distillery. The gin is based on 25 ingredients found in the Oxford Botanic Garden, which being created in 1621, is the oldest botanic garden in the country.
Distilleries & Tours in Oxfordshire
Many distilleries in Oxfordshire are open to visitors for tours and tastings which make for the ideal experience for gin lovers living in or visiting Oxfordshire. (Click on linked distilleries below to find out more and to book at tour or distillery experience):
- 1. Chalgrove Artisan Distillery - Chalgrove
- 2. Sky Wave Distillery - Bicester
- 3. The Oxford Artisan Distillery (TOAD) - Headington
- 4. Wood Brothers Distillery - Bampton
Meet the Makers
Get to know some of Oxfordshire's finest gin creators and distillers in our 'Meet the Maker' interviews. Find out what inspired them and how they created and launched their gin, how it's made, what botanicals are used, what you can experience if you visit their distilleries, how best to serve their gins and what they have planned for the future:
Behind The Scenes at Sky Wave Distillery
The Gin Guide's Editor, Paul Jackson, visited Sky Wave Distillery, based at Bicester Heritage in Oxfordshire, to see the distillery, meet founders Andrew Parsons and Rachel Hicks, and to find out all about their gins - including their London Dry Gin that was a Winner in the Contemporary Gin category of The Gin Guide Awards 2021. Here's a sneak peek, and for more information, photos and stories from Andrew and Rachel, read our full Behind the Scenes feature!